When looking for home inspection report software you don't have to guess which one is best for you. Several home inspection software companies offer free downloadable trials so you can know first hand whether or not a particular application meets your needs.
Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software
Home Inspector Pro's software runs on Mac, Windows and Linux. It's easy to use, and designed in collaboration with experienced home inspectors. Today, Home Inspector Pro is used in 10 countries and is available in 5 languages:
Its features include an easy-to-create template for different types of inspections. It is simple to switch from one template to another for different inspections.
InspectFaster Home Inspection Report Software is also co-deisgned with the help of a veteran home inspector. It offers a user friendly narrative-style reporting system. They provide a free downloadable demo which runs on Windows, Mac or Linux and as a bonus for using the product, the company offers a free website with the purchase of their software. Features you'll find with this software include:
- Image and Text Magnification
- Create Custom Inspection Report Documents
- Easily Access Inspection Codes and Notes
- Report Preview
- Instant Search Filter for Report Narratives
- Create and Import Inspection Libraries
3D Inspection Systems
The 3D Inspection System is used for report writing in a number of inspection industries and allows you to choose software specific to your function. Inspection professions listed include:
- Home Inspector
- Commercial Building Inspector
- Mold Inspector / Environmental Inspector
- Marine Surveyor
- Pest Inspector
3D Inspection Systems started out as a leading home inspection software but it is also used to generate the following reports:
- Mold inspections
- Marine surveys
- Texas TREC inspections
- Wood destroying insect inspections
- Thermal imaging inspections
- Life safety inspections
To help you decide which software solution is right for you, 3D Inspection System provides a free downloadable evaluation copy. You can install it on your PC and try it first-hand to make an informed decision.
Another plus with 3D Inspection System is that they offer free online "webinars" where you can learn more about advanced features through a web-based multimedia presentation and to have your individual questions answered.
Top Features to Look for in Home Inspection Software
It can be easy to get lost in the process of finding the best software with so many software options to choose from. Here's some of the features to look for when researching the software you'll use to generate your home inspection reports:
- Spell check
- Designed to run on a tablet PC or UMPC - such as the Samsung Q1 - if you want to avoid carrying your keyboard during inspection.
- Provides easy upload of inspection reports for real estate agents, home buyer/seller, and you.
- Allows you to email a link to the report.
- Generates reports that are easy-to-read, including a table of contents.
- Ability to add unlimited photographs; it is best if they can be added anywhere in the report and edited within the program.
With today's home inspection software generated reports, you no longer have to settle for preprinted home inspection forms. Computerized reports are professional, easy-to-read and convenient for everyone involved.