Florida features a wide variety of Port Charlotte home inspectors, all with varying degrees of education and experience. If a personal recommendation for a home inspector in this area isn't available then do some research to find the best person for the job.
Available Port Charlotte Home Inspectors
Luckily for residents of this particular area of Florida, there are a large number of qualified home inspectors available for both buyers and sellers. There are also plenty of inspectors qualified to conduct thorough inspections of commercial properties.
Here is a brief list of Port Charlotte Home Inspectors:
- Progressive Home Inspections: This company conducts thorough home inspections in the Port Charlotte area and surrounding locations. This company is a member of the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI).
- Home Team Inspection Service: This is a larger company with franchises throughout the county. Inspectors with this company guarantee a 400 point inspection when conducting home inspections.
- Able Home Inspections: This is another company that is run by one person, so it is the owner who actually conducts the inspections. He is a member of ASHI and has over 25 years of experience with inspecting homes. Inspections are available in the Port Charlotte area as well as Punta Gorda.
- Ameri-Spec: This is a large company that provides home inspections throughout the country. Local representatives are available in the Port Charlotte area, and this organization can provide inspections for both residential and commercial properties.
There are plenty of other Port Charlotte home inspectors available. Be sure to always find out an inspector's level of education and experience prior to signing a contract for a home inspection. You should also check an inspector's record with the Better Business Bureau to make sure there are no complaints or pending issues that might indicate a problem with the inspector.
Whether an inspector belongs to a professional association depends on the preference of the inspector, but inspectors who do join these associations must abide by strict codes of ethics and other regulations. To find a Port Charlotte home inspector who is also a member of ASHI, check the directory on the official ASHI website.
Florida Regulations for Home Inspectors
Every state has its own rules and regulations when it comes to home inspectors, and Florida is no different. While some states do not have any licensing or certification requirements for home inspection professionals, Florida does have rigid regulations in an attempt to protect consumers from unscrupulous inspectors.
Pending regulations state that every Florida home inspector must be fully licensed by the state as well as maintain continuing education while acting as home inspectors. This new regulation will become law in 2010, but many home inspectors within the state abide by it now.
Port Charlotte Additional Requirements
There are additional requirements for Port Charlotte home inspectors beyond those regulations set by the state. If you hire a home inspector within Charlotte County, he or she must have a professional license as one of the following:
- Building Contractor
- Professional Engineer
- Building Code Administrator
- General Contractor
- Residential Contractor
- Building Official
The inspector must also have a license to conduct home inspections within the state of Florida or have enough experience within another related field that allows them to conduct home inspections within the county.
The office that ensures all home inspectors within the county of Charlotte are eligible to conduct business is the Charlotte County Department of Compliance.